Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Monday, November 17, 2008

Temp: -17
Windchill: -23
Sunrise: 9:02 a.m.
Sunset: 3:17 p.m.
flurries

Well here we are half way through November; I can't believe that in four weeks to the day I will be done school and fly out on December 18th to AB. I know I've said it before but man, this year is really flying by. And in just over three weeks we will be doing the Christmas concert! I am seriously tired just thinking about how busy this next bit is going to be. And tis the season to online Christmas shop - so the Visa is a bit exhausted too at this point in the game. Ahh well.

Last week I finally went out on the ice. It was only about 6 or 8 inches thick but people had been going out on it for a couple weeks already so figured it was my turn. We took the dogs out on Remembrance Day and partook in some ice fishing. I didn't catch anything which is par for the course with me but it was a beautiful warm day. In the last week or so we've had some pretty cold days; one day was -25 with a -38 windchill so it was nice to be out and be comfortable.








And other than that, I'm excited because the hockey arena is finally open to public skating. We don't have artificial ice here so the bay doors get left open to freeze the water as it is flooded and it takes as long as it takes. But apparently it is open and ready to rock so I'm going to check the schedule and get out this week. I love skating after school; the kids are there and it's a blast racing them down the ice and just goofing off, listening to the music over the speakers. Very good times!

1 Comments:

Blogger Oma said...

My name is also Treena and many years ago I owned a travel agency named Treena's Travel & Tours. When I saw your blog I was drawn in. Good luck. I will keep checking into your blog.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home