Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Friday, October 24, 2008

Temp: -3
Sunrise: 8:43 a.m.
Sunset: 5:33 p.m.

The last couple of days have been pretty blustery and snowy and it's left me feeling very festive and inclined to get ready for Christmas. Although I can't wait to get my decorations up, I am going to force myself to not put anything up until November 15th. And not a minute later! :-)

With the wind and the snow came the most amazing waves on the lake, which is normally pretty placid and tame. We took the dogs down to check it out and get a few pictures. If blogger actually lets me I will try and load them.







Other than that, our class was busy baking and getting ready for the flea market and bake sale this week. We had a great time and hopefully the sale tomorrow will go well and we can raise some money for the school and for the elders centre.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home