Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Temp: +11
Sunrise: 6:04 a.m.
Sunset: 8:45 p.m.
Sunny and beautiful

Well, today was a wonderful day I have to say. Actually, it's been a great long weekend so far. It started out with a pretty relaxing day on Friday at school as we had Olympics day in the morning and all of the students took part in games. It was so much fun! Then there were no kids in the afternoon so it was a pretty laid back day. Then Tania and I went down to the all to partake in festivities to honor an RCMP member and his wife who are transferring to the Whitehorse area. It was great and I have to say I haven't laughed that hard in a long time; I love joining in for the games and hanging out with the kids outside of school hours.

Yesterday I worked on a scrapbook all day and was absolutely lazy... It was fantastic! Then last night Todd and Jenesta had a gathering at their place which was really nice. Lots of people and lots of good food. Todd has the most amazing recipe for KFC style wings and drums. Oh man, they sure do put on a good spread. And it was fun to play pool and darts again. We are all so fortunate up here to have the close-knit social network we do. Very good times!

And today the gang went out to the point and we took the dogs which was perfect. I've been feeling badly as I haven't had Oliver out much because it's been raining so much lately. The poor lad was so excited to be out and in the water that I couldn't get him to come out of the lake even though he was half frozen and shivering uncontrollably. Too funny...

Anyway, I'm still having problems loading pictures on the ole blog but here are several from a couple weeks ago when we were out at the Prince River. I looked a bit like a marshmallow with a big noggin because I had on a sweater, two jackets plus a bug jacket, a cap, helmet and hood up over everything. Very pretty. :-)



Here's one of Tania flying their kite. This turned out to be a pretty cool shot.



And this one is of Christopher gassing up his honda (obviously!) at the Baker gas station. And we were off and running!



And this last one is of Todd, Jenesta, and Chris trying their hands at fishing from the boat. Unfortunately the only things biting were the black flies!

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

I love the kite picture!! Hope you enjoy your year!

11:04 PM  
Blogger Matthew & Michele said...

I miss my kite from down south. I will have to bring one up next time. Nice blog.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home