Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Friday, May 30, 2008

Temp: 0
Windchill: -8
Cloudy, windy and calling for snow
Sunrise: 3:18 a.m.
Sunset: 11:26 p.m.

Well, as I write this tonight it's chilly outside and has been pretty windy for the past several days. But, the snow is melting quickly and the canada geese are flocking here as are the seagulls and cranes. Last night I couldn't sleep and was outside at 1:30 a.m. with Oli when I heard a lone crane calling as it flew overhead. It was so beautiful and peaceful. I'm always struck by the sound of the cranes; it's so prehistoric.

Today was a really lazy day as the weather is so crappy. Pretty much it consisted of a nap, a couple of movies, some reading, and a bit of visiting over tea. Not too much going on here at all with only 12 days left to go. This kind of day reminds me of rainy days down south spent curled up with tea and a good book. Relaxing and peaceful. Good times.

This week will fly by with school coming to a close so soon which always leaves me melancholy but I'm really looking forward to Wednesday evening as Susan Aglukark is rumored to be in town for a performance at the community hall. I've seen her once before and she's great so it will be a treat to see her performing in the north near her home turf.

And, other than that, I'm off to continue reading my book and just take it easy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bryan said...

Hi Treena,

Great site. Well done.

I'm heading up to Baker Lake for most of July and trying to track down affordable accommodation. Would you mind touching base with me through email with any suggestions that you may have?

Thanks so much.

Bryan

3:59 PM  
Blogger Treena said...

Sure Bryan. I can't access your blog though to get it so how can we do this?

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home