Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Temp: -20
Windchill: -30
Clear and sunny
Sunrise: 5:08 a.m.
Sunset: 9:35 p.m.

Well it's been a nice weekend after what felt like a really long week. The kids are having a hard time paying attention now what with spring here and daylight lasting so much longer. I don't blame them though; I'm having a hard time paying attention to anything too! It's hard to believe there is only 43 days left until summer holidays. It sounds like I've been counting down but this is actually the first time I've done the numbers. I find myself really looking forward to being down south for the summer as it's been such a long cold winter. Everyone is feeling it and anxious to have the break.

But, before that happens, I have company coming for the next couple of weeks! I'm very excited about it. My friend Pam, who is also an interpreter from Edmonton, is coming this Wednesday for a week. I'll be honest though, I'm pretty stressed about how I'm going to get her from the airport because both the taxi companies have shut down and I don't know anyone with a vehicle that won't be needing it at the time I pick her up. It may mean I have to borrow a machine to get her. Heh heh, could be interesting!

And the day after Pam leaves my mom and aunt come up for 5 days. I'm really looking forward to that too. I've had friends come up every year but never family so it will be pretty special to have them here and share my experience with them. Actually, I'm really pumped about them coming.

And other than that, I've been busy working on a couple of scrapbooks for friends weddings. Oh, and I did a 7 day herbal cleanse last week which was difficult but I feel really good for having done it. It really rejuvenated my body/spirits. It feels good to wake up with energy again. Will feel that much better though when I'm sitting on a deck chair in 5 weeks on a patio somewhere nibbling on watermelon and sipping ice tea! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home