Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Temp: -32
Windchill: -49
Blizzard
Sunrise: 9:53 a.m.
Sunset: 3:27 p.m.

Well, Baker Lake has been in blizzard mode since last Wednesday and it's been really nice. Thursday and Friday we were off school with 90 km/hr winds but it's letting up today. And we actually did really good with the water situation; we only ran out of water yesterday afternoon and once they got all the water/sewage trucks thawed we had water delivered in the evening so we were good to go! And for tomorrow it's calling for -57 windchill which is a bit chilly I have to admit. It makes me laugh really because school stays in session up here, as long as visibility is good, until - 62 I think. But when I was a kid taking the school bus from the country in to town, if the temperature was colder than -32 we didn't have to go to school in case the bus broke down. -32! Here, we have outdoor recess until -44. Heh heh, it sure makes the point of how different environments foster strength or softness in us though hey? Too funny.

Anyway, here are some more pictures from the Vegas trip, back home and the blizzard.


Grand Canyon view from the helicopter


Dad and Chris hammin' it up


The Belagio fountains - absolutely amazing to see!






Some trees back at farm (I love the view out the lane at my parent's place)


Gearing up to take Oli outside to do his business


My neighbour outside checkin' the weather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home