Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Temp: -21
Wind chill: -36
Blowing snow
Sunrise: 10:01 a.m.
Sunset: 2:31 p.m.

Well, this week felt like a really long one but in fact, school-wise, it was quite short. We ended up having blizzard days on Tuesday and Wednesday so we were off and it gave me time to get caught up with writing Christmas cards, doing some baking and getting parcels done up to send down south for Christmas. It was great to have the time off but when we went back to school on Thursday the kids and staff were all dragging like we needed a break from the break we'd just had!

And so with the holidays coming, I thought it would be nice to have a half decent Christmas photo of me and Oliver so I took it upon myself to try and take it myself. Well, seemed like a good idea at the time...










Friday night the gang got together to for a bit of Christmas cheer at Ivan and Edna's which was really nice. We played Rumolie, had a great supper and ate some cookies. And, if that wasn't enough, Santa payed us an early visit! Very good times....

And yesterday I ventured down to the hockey arena and volunteered to take some pictures for the hockey association. It was Hockey Night in Baker Lake and it was such a fantastic turnout! It was wonderful to see all the kids out, playing hockey in front of the whole town, and them having their family and friends cheering them on. They were so proud; what a great night! And, Santa and Blizzy (the Baker lake mascot) made a surprise visit, which made the kids night for sure.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home