Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Temp: -24
Windchill: -37
Sunrise: 9:25 a.m.
Sunset: 2:57 p.m.

Well, this week was pretty good; Thursday afternoon and Friday we had parent teacher interviews so it was slow at school, which was kind of nice. Friday night was pretty miserable outside so I just hung out at home and watched 'Disturbia'. What a good movie! It wasn't predictable which was refreshing. Good times.

Saturday was pretty low key and then Sat night it was off to some friends for supper. This morning I had everyone over for brunch for Edna's birthday which was nice. And tonight, I am puppy-sitting. Actually, I'm puppy-sitting for three days; he's a real cutie but it has definitely curbed the impulse to get a playmate for Oliver. Nope, I'm a one dog kinda gal that's for sure.

Other than that, not too much new here in Baker Lake. Oh, well there was an awful accident this weekend. A couple walking along the road were struck by a drunk driver and the man had to be medi-vacced out and I understand that it's a bit touch and go. Here's hoping he pulls through ok.

Well, no pictures to post tonight as I'm off to bed and hopefully it won't be a long night with the wee one up and down over and over. We'll see what tomorrow brings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home