Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Temp: 0
Windchill: -4
Sunrise: 3:35 a.m.
Sunset: 11:08 p.m.

Well, only 17 more days left until the end of the 2007/2008 school year. Time is sure winding down. The weekend weather wasn't that great, not awful but just a bit dreary and chilly. Yesterday it snowed off and on pretty much all day. The boys spent the day trying to haul back Chris's snow machine as the motor blew out on it while out on the land; the slush is really deep now - up to their knees so as you can imagine everyone came back chilled and soaked from the knees down. But, the machine is back and will be doctored up and stored for the summer soon I'm sure.

Last night we all headed up to Shannon's place for an end of the year party. A lot of people will be leaving Baker this year and so it was nice to hang out for a bit and just shoot the breeze. Although it was odd heading to and from a party in the daylight I have to say. It doesn't get dark now, just dusky, and there are people out roaming around all night. Especially teens and it was a bit frustrating last night as my bedroom window won't close and the kids hang out at the Co-op across the parking lot, hollering and banging on the shed. They were out until 3:00 this morning and then I was woken up quite a bit earlier than I would have liked by my neighbour revving his honda outside my window to charge up the battery. So I'm a wee bit tired today but it's all good. And other than that, the day was spent working on a scrapbook for Todd and Jenesta's wedding which I think looks pretty neat. Here's hoping they agree! :-)

Anywho, here are several pics from our land trip with the kids a couple weeks ago. The weather was perfect and we all had a blast!


View of Baker Lake from The Point (Nuvu'tuaq)


Looking down at the fishing site


Caribou being prepared for our stew


Kristen and I soaking up the sun

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennith said...

If I wasn't excited before, I am now. Its good to see so many pictures of Baker Lake - its a really beautiful place. Thank you!

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home