Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Temp: -1
Wind chill: -9
Winds: 42 km/hr
Snowin' and a blowin!
Sunrise: 6:50 a.m.
Sunset: 7:47 p.m.

Well, all I can say is BRRRRRRRRRR!!

Last week I was so excited to see the first snow and yesterday we had our first real dump of the white stuff. It was still pretty and festive but a bit daunting coming so early. It is some kinda cold outside today. The wind is really strong and blows right through my fall jacket. Hard to believe I'll be pulling out my parka tomorrow to go to work. Man, I sure hope this doesn't mean an early freeze for the lake because I have yet to receive my barge order and am not expecting it for a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed!

Other than that, things have been going really well. Tonight I had my ASL class and still had a great turn out so that's good. Off to do a workout tonight and then tomorrow badminton at the gym. And then we are darn near at the weekend again. Time is just flying by this year; I can't believe it's already the middle of September. Wonder if I'll still be saying time goes fast in a couple of months once winter is full on here?!
:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home