Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Temp: +1
Sunrise: 6:21 a.m.
Sunset: 8:23 p.m.
Flurries!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have snow! :-) Not scads and scads of it but I woke up this morning and took Oliver out to do his business and lo and behold we have flurries today. It's not going to stick around but it's nice to see. Funny how living in a place where winter lasts for so long that I still get excited to see the first snow fly. I'm sitting here enjoying a cup of tea and just gazing out the window at the flakes. It makes me think of the Christmas season and all it brings with it. Love it!

Last night Tania and I went to Pam's and hung out there with a few friends and ended up sitting in the hot tub for a while. I have to say it's been a real treat having a friend that has a hot tub up here. It's in a covered shelter to protect it from the elements but the atmosphere is relaxing and fun all the same. Slept like a baby last night - very good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home