Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Friday, September 05, 2008

Temp: +7
Sunrise: 6:18 a.m.
Sunset: 8:27 p.m.
Showers

Time has really flown by and it's been a pretty good week. School was fun with lots of sewing, crafts and a couple excursions, including berry picking today. The two grade four classes took the bus out to Blueberry Hill and picked berries, ate caribou stew, hot dogs and drank hot chocolate. It was kind of rainy but everybody's spirits were high and it was just a lot of fun. Nice to get out of the classroom for a while.

The high school science fair happened to be camped out in the same area. We had two tents and they had the rest for sleeping, eating and doing their thing in.



Fall colors in the Arctic



And other than that, it looks to be a pretty relaxing weekend. I'm heading over to my friend Pam's this evening to say good-bye as her husband has been transferred in the RCMP to the Whitehorse area. That's definitely one of the hardest things about living up here; meeting such great people and then everyone going their separate ways eventually. But, I suppose we just need to be thankful for the time we all have and enjoy it while we can!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home