Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Temp: -20
Windchill: -26
Sunrise: 8:59 a.m.
Sunset: 5:16 p.m.

Well, here we are at Wednesday, October 29th and even I'm surprised at how cold we got today. -20 right now with a -26 windchill and it feels like it! This morning walking to work there were big beautiful fluffy snowflakes and it was very mild out. By lunch it was still really nice but by 4:00 it was down right crisp outside!

Winter in the background - she are here!



So tonight we went off to play badminton at the school but not before deciding 10 mins before to play fetch with Oliver. Big mistake! I bent down to grab the ball from the floor and he jumped up and cracked me in the face with his very big, very hard head. And shazam! I saw stars, tears rolled down my face and blood started flowin'. But, it only took a few minutes to get stopped and off I went. Now fingers crossed I don't end up having to explain black eyes tomorrow at work! So, in response, I have something in store for the little guy.

Payback's a .........



The gentle lil ladybug from next door and the butterfly who stings like a bee!



Sable after she got into Tania's pastels - with a little help from Chad :-)



And other than that we're crazy busy at school helping kids make Halloween costumes and get ready for the big parade in the gym on Friday. Should be a great time. And Friday night there's a sppoooooky party at one of the teachers house. I'm really pumped about it because they apparently deck their house out to the max for Halloween. Can't wait!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Love the dog costumes!!! I bet they just hate you now!

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home