Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Monday, February 05, 2007

Temp: -33
Windchill: -53
Blizzard

Well, it's 8:15 a.m. and school has been cancelled today. It is REALLY cold outside. Here's a picture of out my window this morning. Visibility is not bad but it's the windchill that's so deadly. It's insanely cold. The Weather Office is actually calling for this blizzard to last until Wednesday. It's funny because they have a big red banner on their site announcing 'BLIZZARD WARNING CONTINUED. WINDCHILL WARNING ENDED'. It's -53 outside. But thank heavens the 'warning' has been lifted!



And go figure that I got up at 6:15 this morning to work out before work. Oh well, it's nice to have it out of the way. Hey, what's that noise? Oh, that would be my bed calling me....

;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home