Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Temp: -28
Windchill: -42

Well, today was the craft sale and it went really well. I sold a fair amount of my jewellery so I left pretty happy. And, I got a couple of nice Christmas gifts from the local artists so the holiday shopping is coming along nicely.

Nothing else new here really but I'm takin' it easy tonight after a very busy week of work and making crafts. Oh, something worth mentioning I guess is I watched 'An Inconvenient Truth' by Al Gore. Definitely a must see!! It made me all that much more aware of the fact that Nunavut has no recycling program in place whatsoever (which is ironic since we are pretty close to that big ole hole in the ozone).

Here are a couple of pics of the sunrise at 10:00, the sun not so high in the sky at 1:00, and sunset about 2:20.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home