Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Well, it's hard to believe that it is already September. Man how time flies. Right now I'm playing referee to Oliver and Tila (teela) who are currently on round 49. I'm not sure if it's the wind or what but they both are full of P&V so we're having a playdate.

Anyway, the sumer is over and fall has definitely set in in Baker. Tania, Chad, Jenesta, Todd, the dogs and I all went berry picking on Aug 20th and I had to wear long-johns! It's chilly now but that means less bugs so I'm all for it. We've had 2 barges come in since I've been back - one with lumber and one with supplies for the schools and grocery store.



In the fall I had bought a used ATV from Tania and Chad and have loved using it to go out on the land. Oliver is pretty good at riding on the back of it and then running behind it for a bit of exercise. Actually, he loves it! I take my helmet out of the closet and he gets some excited and pretty choked if he doesn't get to come. Although, as much as he loves it, 2 weeks ago I dumped him off of it a couple of times. It actually doesn't have brakes and so to slow down one has to gear down. Apparently one needs to do so a bit more smoothly!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home