Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Oh the joys of a gastro-intestinal flu bug! Well, here I am sick again. I've been struck down by a crappy bug that's going around town and let me tell ya, it's no damn fun. I haven't eaten anything of any consistency since Thursday night and here it is Sunday afternoon. I talked to the nurses, who happen to be my neighbours in my apt building (thank God for small mercies!) and they said 'nothing but clear fluids and it will run it's course'. Now, logically, I know Orange Juice is not a clear fluid but that's what I wanted to drink and thought 'what could it possibly hurt?' Wrong!! Apparently that's just been making this bug happy and my body the perfect host. Sigh.. so I've switched over to plain old water. Good times. Ahh well. Thankfully my other neighbours went out ice fishing today and offered to take Oliver with them. Being sick with a puppy around offers it's own unique challenge so the break is really nice. Unfortunately the weather is perfect today, +6 and sunny, and doesn't make me want to be stuck indoors. But, on the positive side, maybe this flu will kick start the old diet again. :-)

Other than that, I'm really looking forward to next Tuesday as my friend Jacquie is coming to visit from Edmonton - Yayyyy! It's so nice to have that to look forward to. 9 days and counting.. wooohooo! Can't wait.

Anyway, here is one of my favorite pics of Oliver as a puppy and then I will load one of him recently so you can see how much he's grown. Pretty cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home