Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Well, I can see why people have been known to go crazy living this far north. If doesn't stem from the 24 hours of light, it may be from the fact that it still snows on May 30th! I find myself unable to go to sleep at night even though my room is dark and the light can't get in. My subconscious is messing with my head. I have never been one to nap during the day because, well, I know it's daylight outside and there are things to do and see. You never know, I might miss something!

Here's a picture of out my window at 2:30 am. This is as dark as it gets.



And the following picture is of the snowfall today. We ended up having Winter Storm Warnings for most of the day but that got removed about 3:00 because it was lifting.




Everyone is feeling it now - it's time to go home and sit on green grass, smell all the summertime fragrances in the air, and feel the sun on my skin (or rain for that matter, at this point I would welcome that too). And, more importantly, get Oliver neutered! With spring in the air he's going nuts! He's grown into a handsome, funny, attentive, full-blown raging hormone.

Here's a picture of him today.



This next picture is of my neighbor Chad's kite, which we took out flying a couple of days ago. It's a fancy little two string number and is it ever neat! Because of the two strings you are able to maneuver it to do all kinds of neat stunts. It's so much fun to fly and it turns out it's therapeutic! It makes you feel like a kid just having a good time and not thinking about anything else. Pretty cool..



Well, that's all that's new from the home front this week. 13 days and counting until I land in Edmonton. Woohoo!!

2 Comments:

Blogger dragonfliesandbutterflies said...

OMG! Woo Hoo! A new blog!!! Yipee!!!

4:30 PM  
Blogger dragonfliesandbutterflies said...

Excellent pics Tree! Thanks for the update!

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home