Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Monday, January 29, 2007

Temperature: -26
Windchill: -36

Big news for the 12 plex! Tania and Chad got a new puppy named 'Sable'. She's a Collie and she's a really unique color. Her body is pretty much all white and only her head and a patch by her tail are brown. She's beautiful. And dozy. The dog really likes her naps. Oliver isn't really sure what to make of her as she isn't very rambunctious and is quite dainty. The polar opposite of Tila (who spends most of her time herding Sable from anything that could be perceived as hers - including all people, toys, Oliver, and air). :-)





Here's just a couple funny pictures of Marie, one of the teachers at our school, taking a parcel to the mail. First off, if you don't own either a red or black sled in Baker, or know someone you can borrow one from, you are just not prepared. Secondly, never expect to receive stamps at the post office in bigger denominations than 52 cents. Even if your parcel comes to $49.00. :-)





This last one is a picture my sister sent me from her trip to Mexico in November. And I thought I was having a bad day...



And to end things off, I got these two links sent to me and they are absolutely hilarious! Check them out.

Crocodile Hunter clip
http://www.youtube.com/v/pa_7P5AbUww

Flying
http://www.youtube.com/v/J3UDCoQnXjA

Well, off I go to bed soon. Hoping against hope that the predicted blizzard by the Weather Office actually comes to be by tomorrow morning. It's not looking good but glass half full!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home