Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Temp: -35
Windchill: -48
Sunrise: 10:17 a.m.
Sunset: 2:23 p.m.

Well, a day and a half to go and it is darn chilly here in Baker Lake. The teacher I work with has been out for two days due to that horrible flu and two more teachers got it today - I have to admit I'm getting nervous about it. Normally I'm not nervous about illnesses as I'm a bit naive and just assume my flu shot will protect me but then normally I'm not anxious to catch a flight either. But, positive thoughts!!

Other than that, tomorrow should be a fun day with the kids - ice skating in the morning and class party after that with an early release at 2 p.m. for them. And the past few days have been craft central in our class and I am officially the glitter queen. In fact I am heading to the shower right now and try to become less sparkly. Fun, fun, fun!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennith said...

The time has really snuck by fast..... next time Daniel's up we should all get together for a photography lesson :D

12:02 AM  
Blogger Treena Joi said...

My name is Treena, "like a Tree" too. Have blog. Daylight looks mighty shy up there. Have you any good videos showing a time lapse of the daily sun ecliptic near winter solstice? I teach too. Liked your blog!

Tree

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home