Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Friday, August 03, 2007

Back in Baker
Temp: outside: 9
inside my apt: about 30 I'm guessing

Well, after 7 weeks down south I am back home and it feels good. It's nice to be back where life is calmer and there are so many familiar faces. I got in today at about 4:00 after our plane went mechanical in Thompson. I know this happens pretty regularly but it's the first time I'd been on a plane when it happened. I don't know what it was that happend to it but they had it fixed in about 45 minutes and we were off and running so that was good.

Anyway, it was really good to get back and see my boy. He looks so different; he's lost weight too which is good because he was a bit chunky when I left but there's a bit of concern of how much water he's drinking and relieving himself of. I need to have him checked out for diabetes so we'll see how that turns out.

And here are some pictures from my summer.

Me and my girls hanging out at the Pembina River; they are such beautiful girls. It was great to see you Stacey and Kelsey. I miss you so much when I'm in Baker. Thanks for everything!!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home