Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Monday, June 04, 2007

Temp: -5
Wind chill: -14
winds gusting to 46
Sunrise: 3:09
Sunset: 23:39

Well, I complain about the weather way too much so I'm not even going there today. I will, however, show a few humorous pictures from today. Up here, with the temps as they are (NOT a complaint!!) we don't get bugs really until July and August. So, with that, you don't keep the screens on the windows until the bugs arrive because they really restrict the circulation.

Having said that, with wide open windows come critters. Until now I had no problems with this, after all, I have a ferocious guard dog. Hmmm... yeah right. So I came home after work today, toodling around getting supper ready when I heard a funny noise from the bathroom and out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw something flit by. Sure enough, there was a very confused little bird flying around my apt. And, an even more oblivious dog following me around wondering what it was that I was doing. Yeah, Labs are good bird dogs my butt! Anyway, I called in the cavalry, the bird was shoo'd into the hall, out the doors, and all was right again with the world. Too funny...

Lost and confused in the 12 plex



Bonding with the other birds that exist in my apt



Apparently I scared more than the heck out of this little fella! Nice....

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

I love that he was bonding with your shower curtain birds! That is pretty cute!
And Edmonton is cooking me! It was been around +30 most of the time I have been here. I hope that I have the wee-spawn early so I can get back up north!!!

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home