Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Temp: -3
Wind chill: -12
Winds gusting 50-70 km/hr
Snowing

Well, it's Sunday morning and the wind is just a blowin'! So much for going for a walk out to the airport like I had been hoping to do. The weather hasn't been great lately, cloudy and chilly but the snow has finally been melting! The ditches are running with water and we have red mud everywhere! I took Oliver for a walk last week and he took it upon himself to roll around in a massive puddle with some kids. He truly is a filthy dirty dog... :-)

Anyway, here's a couple pictures that aren't particularly interesting but it's all I've got for now. The first two are the view from my apt today. The last one is of Oli saying goodbye to his hunney for the summer. Tania and Sable left last weekend for the summer so it's much quieter around here. :-) Evenings have been spent hanging out and having tea at Chad or Ivan's. Friday night I had everybody over for ribs, Sat morning we all headed over to Ivan's for a great breakfast and the rest of the day was just super lazy.







School is winding down now and this week will be mostly just tidying up loose ends; a class party, cleaning up, sports day, awards day, and then the final day with no students. It's funny. I'm really looking forward to going down south to summer (or going down to be a Qaplunaaq for awhile as Bertha, the teacher I work with, says), but I'm sad to not see the kids and my friends for a couple months. Not so sad to not see the snow however. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home