Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Monday, April 16, 2007

Temp: -14
Wind chill: -27
Blizzard

We have a LOT of snow coming down way up here in the North and let me tell ya, trudging through it ain't no walk in the park! It's been just a blowin' all day and there are drifts everywhere. And under that drifting snow is glare ice. Fun, fun, fun!!

Other than that, things are good up here. The year is winding down so quickly, it's hard to believe it's almost over. But, my good friend Karen is coming to visit for Hamlet Days at the beginning of May and I am super excited! Three weeks and counting.... :-) It's so nice to have company up here because it's a chance to share this tiny hidden-away community and it's culture with people who've not yet experienced the Arctic.

Here's a picture out of my window this evening.



And here's what happens when you leave your window open in the middle of a blizzard...



Here's a pic from Easter weekend when we were out fishing. I was feeling a bit 'under the weather' and needed a nap.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

You enjoy that snow! It is beautiful and sunny over here!

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home