Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Temp: -35
Sunny

Well, the sun is out today and it looks so beautiful. I find my head a bit cloudy today, what with the time change last night and me not wanting to be awake just yet. But, it's going to be so nice to have the extra hour of sunlight in the evening up here. That means we'll have daylight until about 8 pm. Won't be long now before cardboard goes up on the bedroom window so sleeping is possible.

So this week is behind us and I'm glad. I'm feeling very tired this week. I think it's a combination of fighting a cold/flu and feeling weary from how unsettled the community is over the articles written about it a couple weeks ago. It's exhausting and I really hope this blows over sooner than later.

But, onto something else. Someone sent me this link and it's so beautiful. It's a group of young Deaf Asian children in an amazing and beautiful performance of color and movement. Check it out...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/238114/thousand_hand_bodhisattva_masterpiece/

Now, me being such a tree buff I LOVE these pictures that my sister sent me from her trip to Hawaii. You can just smell the salty air and feel the heat. Very cool. I have been watching episodes of Magnum PI more often lately to try and break this cabin fever; man, I am sooo going to Hawaii next year for spring break!





Well this week I was a lucky girl because once planes were finally able to get into Baker, I got mail! I got two wonderful care packages from my Auntie in BC. It had all kinds of goodies: chocolates, coffees, hot chocolate, trail mix, a beautiful scarf, etc. So lucky! Last night we had dinner at Tania and Chad's (congrats on the engagement guys!!) and I took the snacks over there and we devoured them while playing UNO and listening to the guys play music. Nice!

I also got a package from my friend Cherie in Calgary. Cher, you're a saint! Thanks so much for everything!!

And this last picture is just of flowers from my sister's garden last year. So pretty. I heard that it was +5 in Edm yesterday and +15 in Calgary.... You lucky dogs! :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos!
Tell me more of Baker Lake.
I have applied for the Systems Librarian position there.

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home