Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Monday, March 05, 2007

Temp: -32
Windchill: -51
Blizzard

We are off school this morning and possibly this afternoon if the wind doesn't die down. The windchill is pretty nasty today but visibility is not too bad because we haven't had fresh snow in a while. A lot of teachers who went out for PD week are stranded in Winnipeg waiting for a flight to come in to Baker as they were cancelled for yesterday, and it's not really looking good for today either. Actually, I just called the airport to check and see if I have any freight there and they are saying the morning flight has been cancelled but no word on the afternoon flight. Apparently most of the communities on our route are having the same weather.

So, not only will we have no mail coming in or going out today, but the phone lines are acting a little weird (as they often do when we have this kind of weather). But thankfully the internet is still up so that's good.

Well, I guess I should go and be all productive-like and do something like tidy up or work on taxes. Now there's a relaxing thought!
:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home