Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Monday, April 09, 2007

Temp: -19
Beautiful weekend!!

Ahhh... it finally feels like spring could be here! The weather this long weekend has been absolutely wonderful! The sun is out, we're in the -teens for temperature and it's just been a real nice weekend.

And with such great temps, it was time to get out and take the dogs for a run and do some ice fishing. Good times. Some of us caught a few fish but I never do so I decided to stay home today while everyone else goes out, do some work, and keep my bad luck away from them (because they never catch anything when I'm around either)! And, to be honest, I'm happy to just hole up for my last day off before getting back to school.


Oli and Sable catchin a ride from Chad


Jenesta's parents coming out for some fishing (Thanks again Jean for the home made bread... AWESOME!!)


Tania and Chad chippin' away (the ice was still about 6 feet deep I think they said)


Todd's auger gettin' the job done too

Other than that, things have been going well up here. The days are getting noticeably longer. Today I'm going to try and rig up some cardboard covered with tinfoil for my bedroom window to keep the light out. Although, I should have done that this weekend so that sleep-ins could have been a bit more productive but I guess hindsight and all that jazz.... :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home