Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Monday, March 26, 2007

Temp: -24
Wind chill: -35
Beautiful day!!

Well, once the winds stopped blowing this afternoon we ended up with a beautiful evening! Nothing really new to report here but here are some pics for your amusement.

One day I went to work after we'd had a three day blizzard and arrived to find that we'd left the window to the classroom open. As a result, the room was freezing, a plant I'd been trying to nurse croaked, and our tap was frozen with the water forming a 2-3 inch icicle coming down from it. And, I didn't have my camera. Fortunately, lightening strikes twice sometimes here in Baker and one day Tania arrived to work to find pipes frozen and the same thing had happened to her taps! Crazy... Here's her picture.



This picture is a rock in a bunch that we came across. They were all coated in about an inch of ice which seems bizarre to me as we haven't had any melting weather yet. Anyway, it's actually quite pretty but the camera doesn't do it justice.

Here are some pics from our walk out onto the lake tonight.





Oliver bulldozes Tania (a good friend would have put down the camera to see if she was ok but, c'mon, a picture is worth a thousand giggles) ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home