Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Temp: -8
Wind chill: -18
Weather Warning

Well, it's Saturday morning and we woke up to probably 6 to 8 inches of fresh new powdery snow on the ground, and big ole fluffy snowflakes just a comin' down! It felt very peacful and quiet. It's funny to say that I suppose, up here in the land of ice and snow, that more snow would be welcome but it was. I don't care where I am or what time of year it is, snow like that is so calming and hypnotic. Love it!!

So, it was soccer practise with the kids for three hours this morning and this afternoon will be spent just catching up on things around the house. Last night I watched 'The Prestige'. An interesting movie but a bit long. I actually liked 'The Illusionist' better. And last week I watched 'Come Early Morning' with Ashely Judd which I really liked. This is one thing I do a lot of up here, watch movies.

Anyway, at school this week we started writing letters to pen pals in Toronto. We took the class around to different sites in town and took pictures to send down to our new 'friends'. It was fun and everyone was really excited about it. Good times...

Anyway, here are a few more pics.


Part of the town's snowfence


A husky tied outside a house (check out those eyes - absolutely beautiful!)

This next picture is too funny. I was at the Co-op one day and someone directed me to the bulletin board covered with various flyers and notices....... and this partial denture that apparently someone lost.


Sweet......

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

ahahaha okay, I have seen keys and mittens on our bulletin boards, but never teeth!!

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home