Treena's Travels

This blog was set up to journal my experience of living in Nunavut and keep friends and family up to date on these happenings. It's a wonderful place, this hideaway in the north, and I'm loving my time here. An unforgettable place with unforgettable people. I'm lucky to be here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Baker Lake
Temp: 21

Edmonton
Temp: 27
Feels a LOT hotter (or, perhaps my blood still has some snow in it from being up north and I'm just a wimp)!

Well, after spending the last month at the farm with my folks I find myself in Edmonton yet again. Seems like I've been doing a lot of driving this trip home! Peace River to Edmonton or Peace River to Grande Prairie and back again. I'm catchin' up for the last 6 months of not being able to get behind a wheel! It's good though because I sure do miss driving when I don't get to do it every day. But, come Monday I will be firmly planted at the cabin for the next couple of weeks. I'm lookin' forward to the quiet and, hopefully, more sunshine and some canoeing.

Here are just some random pics.

A trip to GP garage saling with my mom and aunt in June. Apparently there was a garage at this place. :-)
While on this trip it absolutely POURED rain and lightning struck a few houses away. Loud and VERY scary!



My Aunt Janet, ever the camera shy gal



My mum



These are from Sexsmith, which is just outside of Grande Praire. It's charming and very tiny.

A beautiful old barn in the middle of town



The doctor's office I'm a guessing



I took in the fireworks on Canada day in Peace River. Tried to get some pics but they didn't turn out that great.









The Peace River flowing through the valley near the Shaftsberry Ferry. THIS is the Alberta I love!



Our tiny little ferry



My mom's dog, Spot, who was in the bad books after he killed a newborn deer but later redeemed himself when he chased a black bear from the yard with mom and me sitting only about 50 feet away. Atta boy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home